Sports Science for Esports Athletes
Sports Science for esports athletes
About the Workshop
Jimmy Lee, a sport coach with 20 years of coaching experience, will like to share how eSports athletes can adopt the physical, mental and nutritional preparation used by sport athletes to meet the demand in eSports competition and enhance their performance.
This workshop is good for you if you:
- Want to understand how physical fitness affect performance in eSports
- Want to learn the nutrition preparation for competitions
- Want to learn some common mental skills to enhance your performance
- Understanding the energy system in sports and the physiology intensity of eSports
- Learning some physical recovery strategies
- Knowing what to eat and drink before, during and after a game during a competition period
- Learning some mental skills that can strengthen your mental toughness and enhance your performance
About the trainer
Jimmy Lee is a full-time lecturer in Republic Polytechnic, School of Sports, Health and Leisure. He has been teaching various modules in Diploma in Sports Coaching since 2012 covering topics in kinesiology, psychology, sports law, professionalism and ethics in sports. He started coaching bowling since 1994 as an instructor. He obtained both his National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) Level 3 Theory and Technical (Singapore Bowling Federation) in 2007 and 2009, respectively. He also hold a Master degree in Exercise and Sport Studies. He has vase interests in biomechanics and sports psychology in high performance athletes. His projects include metal skill training for floorball athletes and Quiet Eyes study on competitive bowlers.
Organised by SCOGA and the Esports Academy with OMEN by HP as the title sponsor of Campus Legends, yup.gg and Legion of Racers as the main sponsors. Special thanks to our official partners Professional Solutions Company (PSAP), Sony Electronics Asia Pacific, Garena, and Singapore Sports Hub.
Part of YouthX and Presented by NYC.
- The event description was updated. Diff#451023 2019-07-06 05:06:19